European Elections 2024 – Join our next campaign!
Are you passionate about democracy and the EU? Do you think it’s important for young people to vote? Do you see yourself joining a movement of 50 young Europeans? If so, this is an opportunity for you!
We’re looking for 4 volunteers in Belgium to take on the role of changemakers for our new European elections project called “Stand For More in 24”. The purpose of this project and the role of the changemakers is to increase the awareness, excitement and understanding of young people ahead of the European elections in 2024.
Check out the previous EYCA projects to get a feeling of how this campaign will be: Give a vote (for the 2019 European elections) and #StandForSomething (held in the context of the Conference on the Future of Europe). You can also take a look at the common Instagram account for these projects.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a national team of 4 young people, but also a larger group of 50 Europeans from 17 countries.
- Go to Torino, Italy (all expenses paid)! A meeting will be held from 24-28 July 2023, to help you understand the project, the EU and the European elections. You’ll also get to know the other changemakers and exchange ideas with them.
- Lead the organisation of two events linked to the European elections. The first should be very informal and fun, focused on getting people interested in the EU elections. The second event will be a debate between candidates and young voters. Creativity is a must to reach as many young citizens as possible.
- Gain knowledge on media engagement, voting science, the functioning of EU institutions, how citizens can shape the future of the EU, etc. The online trainings will match expert tips with real-life practice.
- Join and organise events linked to the EU elections. You’ll meet like-minded young people with similar interests!
- Engage with decision-makers, EU officials and MEP candidates.
- Above all, you’ll be helping shape European democracy. You’ll reach out to hundreds of young voters to get them excited and you’ll be in contact with candidate politicians for the European elections.
What should be my profile?
- Aged between 18-23 years old and live in Belgium.
- Eager to reach out to fellow young people; listen/speak to them about the European elections; and share your enthusiasm for youth participation.
- Have a good level of English as well as French and/or Dutch.
- Prior experience is not a requirement; your enthusiasm and willingness to get down to action are what count!
- You cannot be a representative of a political party. The campaign needs to be non-partisan.
- Available from 24-28 July 2023 to join the kick-off training in Torino, Italy. It is vital that all changemakers are present for this meeting, as this is where we’ll explain everything about the campaign.
- Be engaged in the project from July 2023 to May 2024. You won’t be busy every day of course, don´t worry! You just need to have some time to contribute in organising activities and joining events.
How can I apply?
Record a video about yourself in English (no longer than 2 minutes). Please tell us:
- Why are you interested in joining this campaign focused on young people and the EU elections?
- What are your ideas to reach out to young people to get them excited about voting?
- How do you think this experience will help you? How can you contribute to making this experience helpful for everyone involved?
Upload the video to YouTube (we recommend setting the video as unlisted so only those with access to your link can view it).
Fill in this application form and don’t forget to include your YouTube link. We may contact you for a quick chat to help us make our final decision.
Voir cette annonce en français: belgium_call_for_applicants_stand_for_more_in_24_french.pdf
Bekijk deze kans in het Nederlands: belgium_call_for_applicants_stand_for_more_in_24_dutch.pdf